Businesses with a complete and accurate (optimised) Google My Business listing get 7x more clicks and are 2.7x more likely to be considered reputable. With Google now only showing 3 businesses in their local search the chances for getting found on Google are getting harder by the day.
So how can your business break into the Google 3 Pack?
There are a number of things to look at here is what we suggest you do first with your Google business page –
- Create a unique description (make it catchy) that’s formatted correctly and includes links.
- Choose categories that matter most for your business needs. (we need to be found for “local SEO” so we optimise content around that phrase)
- Upload a high-resolution profile image and upload quality images that bring people to the site.
- Collect reviews and respond to reviews
- Add a local phone number to your listing – make sure that the details are exactly the same.
- Ensure that all business address are consistent with the address on your website and local directories and citation websites.
- Submit your company info to the 30 plus Irish Citation websites make sure that your details are consistent.
As you can see Citations & Reviews take up to 50% of deciding which websites make it into the top 3 spots on Google 3 pack, this is where we can help.
We will look at the companies that are in the 3 pack and find out what they are doing to get there, we will then put together a plan to get your website into the top 3 spots, find out more by speaking to one of our local SEO consultants today.
Have you claimed your Google Business Listing Yet?
- Claiming and optimising your listing allow you to manage the information that Google users see when they search for your business or the products and services that you offer. When you verify your information with Google My Business, you are *twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers (source: Google). Also, when people find your business on Google Maps and Google Search, you can make sure they see the right information including hours of operation, website, and the street address.
- Note: If you are a home-based business, or serve customers at their location, users will just see a concentric circle encompassing your service area.
- Claiming the Google My Business listing will allow you to read and reply to reviews from your customers, and post photos related to your business such as the logo, business owner, office building, ad graphics, products, etc.
- NOTE: *Businesses that add photos to their listings receive 42% more requests for driving directions on Google Maps and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don’t. (Source: Google)
- You will also be able to see detailed insights on how visitors have searched and for your business, and where those customers searched from. You will see information including how many people have called your business from the phone number listed on local search results in search results and Google Maps.
- Many people use the Google Maps app for driving directions. Ensuring that your address is correct will allow them to easily navigate to your location from their mobile device
- Making sure the phone number is available and valid will also allow customers to call your business directly from the Google Search results page. If they are searching from a mobile device, they can tap directly on the phone number and call.
- The Google business listing is considered a ‘primary’ data source by many data aggregators and directory listing services such as Moz.com and Yext. Ensuring your listing is accurate and up to date will help improve and validate your other directory listings.