Even Local Competition is escalating
With Google now only showing 3 businesses in their local search the chances for getting found on Google are getting harder by the day.
Local SEO – With Google now only showing 3 businesses in their local search the chances for getting found on Google are getting harder by the day. A major change in Google’s local search happened on Thursday, August 6th — a new way of listing local businesses in search results was rolled out, changing the previous “Google local 7-pack”, where seven local businesses were featured, to a trimmed “google local 3-pack” which was the same view as was seen on mobile devices.
So how can your business break into the Google 3 Pack ?
There are a number of things to look at here is what we suggest the you do first with your google business page –
- Create a unique description (make it catchy) that’s formatted correctly and includes links.
- Choose categories that matter most for your business needs. (we need to be found for “local seo” so we optimise content around that phrase)
- Upload a high-resolution profile image and upload quality images that bring people to the site.
- Add a local phone number to your listing – make sure that the details are exactly the same.
- Ensure that all business address are consistent with the address on your website and local directories and citation websites.
- Submit your company info to the 30 plus Irish Citation websites – I will pop 10 below with direct links
Local Ranking Factor Breakdown by SEO MOZ
As you can see Citations & Reviews take up to 50% of deciding which websites make it into the top 3 spots on Google 3 pack, this is where we can help.
We will look at the companies that are in the 3 pack and find out what they are doing to get there, we will then put together a plan to get your website into the top 3 spots, find out more by speaking to one of our local SEO consultants today.
We Can Get you into the Top 3 Spots on Google